Admissions Representative - Graduate and Professional Admissions (3 Positions)
Company: Azusa Pacific University
Posted on: May 24, 2023
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving
culture by cultivating community through professional interactions,
demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling
Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to
establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to
The Admission's Representative Level serves as a representative of
Azusa Pacific University to assist prospective students through the
inquiry, application and enrollment process. Primary focus of this
position is to provide excellent customer service to prospective
students and to recruit those prospective students into APU's
traditional UG program, UG professional bachelor's program or
- Bachelor's Degree required; master's degree preferred
- One - Three years of professional experience working with
people in a customer service and/or recruiting/sales environment.
Previous admissions experience is preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Serves as the primary point of contact and customer service
representative to prospective students and applicants providing
consistent, accurate and timely information in order to sell APU's
program offerings via phone, email, text and mail
- Meets identified enrollment goals to include inquiry to
applicant, applicant to admitted, admitted to deposited (as
applicable), and admitted or deposited to enrolled yield goals
which directly relate to tuition revenue generation and impact the
financial health of the university.
- Maintains regular contact with every student on assigned roster
with the primary goal of enrolling prospective students by
answering questions in a timely manner, calling/texting/emailing
students, and planning yield events for territory or program.
- Manages assigned recruitment territory or programs by
scheduling, promoting, and leading individual and group meetings;
attending college fairs and events; and as applicable, holding
person interviews with prospective students.
- Evaluates application files to be sure they are complete. Makes
preliminary recommendations regarding the admission decision for
applicants in undergraduate programs.
- Participates in and promotes all admissions events on campus,
at regional campuses, and at various feeder schools.
- Create and maintain good working relationships with university
partners such as high schools, community colleges, universities,
churches, organizations and businesses in order to promote APU
programs; visits or connections with on a regular basis; promote
MOU partnerships; provide pertinent information to partners and
resource prospective students in an effort to recruit them to
- Provides academic counseling to students regarding the
admission process and program of interest; facilitate information
exchange between programs and prospective students.
- Provides financial aid information to prospective students and
connects students to Student Financial Services.
- Travels to assigned market as required for the particular
population the representative is assigned to recruit. This could
include local, domestic and/or international travel.
- Maintains admissions database through daily input and report
- Provides input for university marketing efforts for majors and
degree programs that is based on current trends and forecasted
changes in higher education.
- Works in conjunction with the department chair, program
director, other faculty, and support staff to continually develop
relationships to ensure prospective students enroll in the
appropriate APU degree program to meet their education and career
- May be required to work one Saturday commencement event (Winter
or Spring) a calendar year.
- Committed to a Christ-centered, multicultural community that
- Support, affirm, and sustain the beliefs, values, and mission
of the university in all facets of one's role and through the
university's daily living expectations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the executive director,
director and/or associate director.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage details and follow through.
- Must be collaborative and an effective team member and team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Word processing-computer skills.
- Competency in Excel, using filters, complex sorting, and
creating pivot tables.
- Self-management/organizational skills.
- Need strong communication skills on a one-to-one basis, in
person, through email and on the telephone.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific
University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its
- Ability to work independently, present self in a professional
manner and reflect the goals and standards of APU.
- Initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Ability to learn procedures and retain information.
- Requires repetitive motion and sitting at computer
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Meetings may require walking and/or driving to various
- Ability to pull, push, bend, grasp, reach and lift up to 20
- Ability to conduct business at various offices on campus.
- Able to lift, pull, grasp, stoop to lower file drawers and
reach to top of five-drawer file cabinets.
- Availability to travel throughout fall, spring and summer
recruitment seasons, as well as an occasional, developmental
conference out of area.
- Possess a valid California driver license.
- Intermittent sitting, standing and walking.
- Computer monitor and reading.
- Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.
- Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word, and
- Grade 9: $23.58-$30.65 is the hourly compensation for this role
and reflects what Azusa Pacific University reasonably expects to
pay for this position. Actual compensation may vary based on the
qualifications, experience, and internal equity. In addition to
compensation, APU offers a competitive benefits package.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural
community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed
to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage
others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical
foundation. Please click the links to learn more about 'what we
believe', our 'mission statement', and our 'statement of
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty,
staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here:
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position
will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa
Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a
veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and
minorities are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Azusa Pacific University, Azusa , Admissions Representative - Graduate and Professional Admissions (3 Positions), Other , Azusa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...