Company: Waste Management
Posted on: November 18, 2022
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Pay Range: Up to 18/ Hour
Shift: 1st Shift
What is the value of a WM job?
The value of a WM job is more than a paycheck. It's a way to create
opportunities for you and your family.---
We Are Stable:---Our WM team is home every day, and our team
members---perform essential and meaningful work.
We Are Committed to Growth:---100% tuition paid for benefits
eligible employees and---their family, and established career
We Are Investing in You:---Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision, 401K
with match, discounted stock options, dependent day care, and
Who are we? #WeAreWM
Ready to roll with us?--- Click Apply to join the WM team
I. Job Summary
The Sorter is responsible for ensuring proper placement and sorting
materials on the conveyor line by performing the following
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Inspect materials and sort items or materials into piles or
places in container according to type, size, condition, coloring or
- Pull contaminants out of paper or off of floor.
- Stack boxes and skids. Dump boxes and totes of material.
- Feed material, such as wastepaper onto conveyor.
- Clean up conveyor and surrounding sorting line. Keep
surrounding work area clean.
- Read monitor for machine start up and ensure machine is
operating properly and at a moderate speed.
- Follow appropriate standard operating procedures (SOPs) as
guideline for operating and maintaining equipment.
- Report any worker-public safety factors and/or equipment
- Attend weekly/monthly safety/operations meetings.
- May provide support or direction to less experienced
- Other duties as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: None required.
- Experience: Two years of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements,
and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than
_ pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a
video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt,
odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and
in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply.
Keywords: Waste Management, Azusa , Senior, Sorter, Other , Azusa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!