Radio Frequency Research Associate
Company: Avery Dennison
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Company DescriptionAvery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global
materials science company specializing in the design and
manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials.
The company's products, which are used in nearly every major
industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and
graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for
industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and
embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification
(RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets.
Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more
than 32,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in
2020 were $7.0 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.Job
DescriptionAre you looking to join an exciting, diverse, and
multifaceted global engineering team? Well we have an outstanding
opportunity for you!For this position, we are seeking an
experienced Electrical / RF engineer to work within our Engineering
Technology group by adding an outstanding set of technical skills
to a team of successful engineering professionals.Our Engineering
Technology group is responsible for developing, optimizing and
implementing proprietary process technologies and equipment for our
manufacturing plants world-wide. One of the businesses supported by
this group is the Avery Dennison RFID Division and Intelligent
Labels Group with plants in US, EU, Mexico, China, Malaysia and
Vietnam, and it is a global leader in integrating RF (UHF and NF)
technology into customer applications within the garment and other
Consumer oriented markets.You will be responsible for testing and
design optimization aided by computational software simulation of
Radio Frequency (RF) antenna in RFID circuits. You will also
develop and apply sophisticated methods, theories, and research
techniques in the investigation and solution of RFID system design
requirements and problems. Incumbent will craft and
lead/participate in laboratory experimentation using electronic and
mechanical test equipment. This position includes theoretical work
as well as experimental work.Other responsibilities will
- The collection and analysis of experimental data and make
comparisons with theoretical models.
- Run system simulations and collaborate with RF antenna design
teams to determine design feasibility.
- Test transmitting and receiving antenna performance used in
- Provide technical leadership and consultation to other groups
within Avery Dennison organizations.
- Prepare, deliver, and submit technical papers and perform
engineering studies and training.
- Stays ahead of with the latest technical developments and
promising new technologies within area of expertise.
- Conduct site visits and support experimental investigations and
analyses of engineering problems, propose solutions and
alternatives, and provide recommendations to the business unit on
possible approaches on how to resolve or improve
- MS degree in Electronics or in Physics with 5-10 years'
experience in a R&D environment is required. PhD in related
field with 5 years' experience is a bonus!
- An in-depth knowledge of mathematics, physics, general
electronics theory as well as niche training in areas such as wave
propagation, impedance transformations and RF testing technology
- Must be an experience user of ANSYS-HFSS or similar software in
order to perform electromagnetic simulations.
- The knowledge in RFID antenna applications is a plus.
- We'd also value a general knowledge of electronic circuitry and
RF powered microchips, their manufacture and their end
- Preferred familiarity with advanced RF measurement equipment,
its setup and use to enable comparison of modeling work with real
life test results.
- Applied knowledge of Laser manufacturing is a major plus!
- We need you to be willing and able to travel within the USA and
- Good organizational and planning skills; ability to prioritize
- There is a strong cross-functional element on our teams; so we
need all members able to gain support from their colleagues
required to complete assignments
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; ability to
both summarize critical facts and to write in-depth technical
reports.IND124Additional InformationAll qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected
status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept
confidential according to EEO guidelines.If you require
accommodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are
available to submit an application. Please contact 440.534.6080 or
email@example.com to discuss reasonable
Keywords: Avery Dennison, Azusa , Radio Frequency Research Associate, Other , Azusa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!