Mechanical Design Engineer
Company: Avery Dennison Corporation
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Avery Dennison is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join
our Engineering Technology group in Azusa, CA! This exciting,
robust team is responsible for developing, optimizing, and
implementing proprietary process technologies and equipment for our
manufacturing plants worldwide. Technologies include; precision
coating, extrusion, thermal embossing, drying/curing, lamination
and other web-based processes such as printing and label
converting. This position will support project execution through
all phases, from concept design, to scale-up, to commercialization
and requires close collaboration with vendors and Avery Dennison
- Design and analysis of mechanical systems, with focus on tight
tolerance machine design.
- Support global projects that require both mechanical design and
- Inspection, installation, and commissioning of our proprietary
equipment in manufacturing facilities worldwide.
- Coordinate and lead resources, including external vendors and
Avery Dennison divisional personnel, to ensure that the equipment
and processes provided meet all requirements and
- Design and test vital prototypes / experiments in support of
design and project objectives.
- Build and maintain technical documentation.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering required. 9+ years of
significant work experience also desired. Master's degree a
- Must possess good mechanical design skills and process
technology understanding. Capable of taking a project from concept
design through commercialization.
- Showed strength in Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools.
- Good drafting skills; familiar with GD&T, ASME Y14.5
- Knowledge and experience in Finite Element Modeling for
structural, heat transfer, and fluid flow analyses a plus.
- Must be willing and able to travel within US and
- Good interpersonal and planning skills; ability to prioritize
multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected
veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Reasonable Accommodations Notice:
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job,
alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please
contact (440) 534-6080 or Jacqueline.Williams@averydennison.com to
discuss reasonable accommodations.
Keywords: Avery Dennison Corporation, Azusa , Mechanical Design Engineer, Other , Azusa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!