Principal Cyber Systems Engineer (Clearance Required)
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: March 23, 2020
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that
preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching
the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early
beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history!
Northrop Grumman's Military and Civil Space Division is seeking a
cybersecurity system engineer level 3 to assist with new and legacy
systems development. This is a technical leadership role working
closely with Programs, Information Security, Systems Engineering,
Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering and other organizations
to ensure our products and development environments are resistant
to cyber and other threats and compliant to government
The ideal candidate will be a highly organized self-starter with
the ability to work with all levels of management with minimum
supervision. He/she will also help shape the direction of our
secure development practices through training and other forms of
Candidate must have the ability to obtain/retain DoD 8570 IAT Level
III Certification (CISSP, CISA, CASP, CCNP, GCIH or GCED) within
six months of employment.
- Engages with programs from concept and design through
implementation, test and deployment to develop secure, resilient
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification
and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness
analyses for total systems.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or
product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge
technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- 5 years of professional exempt level work experience with a
Bachelor's degree in a S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering
or Mathematics) Field; 3 Years with Master's degree in a S.T.E.M.
Field; 0 Years with PhD in a S.T.E.M. Field.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance must be held and maintained. U.S.
Citizenship is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of cybersecurity experience.
- Cybersecurity domain knowledge (information assurance,
anti-tamper, intrusion detection, software protection, software
assurance, communications security, encryption/key management,
network security, reverse engineering, countermeasures,
certification and accreditation, special security
- Knowledge of fundamental information technology principles,
concepts and techniques including software languages, design
concepts, test methods and integration practices.
- Candidate must obtain a recognized IAT Level III Certification
(CISSP, CISA, CASP, GCIH or GCED) within six months of
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance
- CISSP or other cybersecurity certification
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (NIST
- Knowledge of DoD policies and requirements related to
cybersecurity including DoD 8500.01 and 8510.01
- Familiarity with C, C++ and real-time operating
- Experience with application security assessment tools such as
Fortify and Coverity
- Experience with network security assessment tools such as
Nessus and Nmap
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Azusa , Principal Cyber Systems Engineer (Clearance Required), Other , Azusa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!