Company: Jack in the Box
Posted on: March 9, 2023
Jack in the Box Restaurant Manager
Salary: $65,000-$72,000 annually
We know you have so much to bring to the table as a leader. Share
your passion for food and life and motivate your team to pursue a
better future for themselves and others. Yes, you have a business
to run, but your priority should be your people (and maybe a
As a Restaurant Manager you will:
- Demonstrate a passion for business and managing the overall
- Find, train, develop, and recognize the best people
- Manage daily activities to ensure guests receive excellent
- Demonstrate a strong awareness and concern for food quality and
- Adjust to multiple demands and shift priorities POSITION
Restaurant managers are responsible for managing the overall
operations of the restaurant. Develop a strong team to provide
excellent customer service and build restaurant sales and profit
while ensuring policies and procedures are followed. Treats all
employees with respect and dignity, and regularly recognizes and
rewards employees. Demonstrates passion and pride. Is willing and
able to adjust to multiple demands and can implement, manage, and
support any changes.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Internal Service: Recruits, selects, trains, develops, and
evaluates restaurant employees. Monitors staffing levels to ensure
sufficient development and talent; ensures systems for training
employees on workstations are fully implemented and adhered to by
management and crew; identifies and develops internal candidates
for management and Team Leader positions. Works with the restaurant
management team to ensure all facets of 'My Promise to You' and the
Service Profit Chain are executed; creates a restaurant environment
that is 'employee friendly,' fun, clean, and safe; take
accountability for motivating and inspiring employees to achieve
high performance; Understands and utilizes JIB systems, processes,
and tools; and complies with all state and federal labor laws and
- External Service: Manages daily activities to achieve
excellence in restaurant operational performance. Provides an
exceptional experience for the guests by ensuring proper training
and holding the restaurant team accountable for consistently
delivering excellent guest service and food quality in adherence to
JIB systems, procedures, and food safety requirements. Reviews
practices and modifies as needed to continuously improve the guest
experience; maintains visibility and interaction with guests;
responds to guest concerns and complaints in a timely and
professional manner, and ensures positive resolution. Ensures
management team and crew understand and operate all systems
correctly. Maintains the brand image of restaurant cleanliness,
maintenance, and excellent service. Serves as a role model for
excellent guest service.
- Sales & Profits: Utilizes management information tools to
analyze restaurant operational and financial performance each
Period, including the I&E, quality and service reports, health
inspections, HACCP, etc; identifies trends and implements action
plans for improvement; uses data to analyze business results and
consults with regional and CSC resources as needed. Focuses efforts
on increasing restaurant sales and profitability by executing the
Service Profit Chain and understanding its impact on the overall
business. Considers cost/benefit impact of financial decisions and
works to protect the JIB brand. Monitors costs and adherence to
budget and restaurant goals. SELECTION SKILLS/QUALITIES:
- Fostering the Culture: Demonstrates a passion for the business
and pride in Jack in the Box; ability to manage professionally with
integrity, honesty, and trust that promotes the Jack in the Box
culture and values; demonstrates high ethical standards; treats
employees and guests with respect; and actively listens and
communicates timely, clearly, and accurately with management team
- Training/Coaching/Development: Serves as a strong role model
who motivates and inspires employees; effectively trains, coaches,
and provides time for employees to learn; identifies employees'
potential and fosters development for promotion to the next level;
and demonstrates patience and commitment towards the development of
employees. Values effective job performance and ensures restaurant
team receives recognition and expression of gratitude.
- Guest Focus: Is passionate about providing a high-quality guest
experience that is evident to our guests. Understands guests'
perspectives and focuses efforts on ensuring consistent, quality
service that exceeds guests' expectations. Demonstrates guest
service techniques and ability to manage in a fast-paced
- Food Quality/Safety: Demonstrates a strong awareness and
concern for food quality and safety, and restaurant cleanliness;
and is dedicated to consistently serving great food to guests and
conveys this importance to the restaurant team. Demonstrated
ability to utilize systems and perform duties within established
- Business Management: Is willing and able to adjust to multiple
demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and change; understands the
importance of change and implements, manages, and supports change
initiatives; maintains a strong sense of urgency, and works toward
achieving goals. Consistently makes high-quality decisions based on
experience, policy, and procedure, or knowledge of the setting; and
exercises discretion and independent judgment on important
restaurant business matters. Attends to priorities, delegates work,
and systematically conducts follow-up; demonstrates attention to
detail; and is well organized in all aspects of job
- Performs other related duties, tasks, and responsibilities as
required, assigned, and directed. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education - High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent
required. Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience - Internal Promote: Minimum of 1+ years experience
as an Associate Manager and/or 2 years experience as a First
Assistant Manager; must be 100% certified in all workstations.
- External Recruit: Minimum of 3 years experience managing a
service concept with full P&L responsibility.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities - Must be at least 18 years old;
must complete Restaurant Manager training classes; must be ServSafe
certified. Ability to speak, read, and write effectively in
English; excellent interpersonal skills; ability to perform and
understand basic math concepts (addition, subtraction,
multiplication, division); proven analytical skills; and good
organization and planning skills. Is a self-starter who takes
initiative and willingly accepts responsibility. Proficient
knowledge of personal computers and related software applications.
Must possess a valid driver's license, and insurance, and use a
personal vehicle to make bank deposits and travel to other
restaurants/business locations as required. Demonstrates integrity
and ethical behavior.
- Physical Requirements - Ability to stand and walk approximately
85%-95% of shift; ability to lift and carry 10-65 lbs; ability to
move freely throughout the restaurant; ability to operate
restaurant equipment and drive a motor vehicle. Ability to operate
a computer keyboard. COMPETENCIES:
- Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and
requirements of internal and external customers; collects
first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in
products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and
maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their
trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity - Can effectively cope with change; can
shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the
total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't
have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk
- Learning on the Fly - Learns quickly when facing new problems;
a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both
successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and
will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of
unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying
structure of anything.
- Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve
difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful
sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at
honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the
first answers. Position Competencies
- Composure - Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive
or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be
counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle
stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn't show
frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a
- Confronting Direct Reports - Deals with problem direct reports
firmly and in a timely manner; doesn't allow problems to fester;
regularly reviews performance and holds timely discussions; can
make negative decisions when all other efforts fail; deals
effectively with troublemakers.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others - Provides challenging and
stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development
discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs
compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to
accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and
further development; cooperates with the developmental system in
the organization; is a people builder.
- Ethics and Values - Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting)
and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and
bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values
and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches.
- Integrity and Trust - Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct,
truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an
appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes;
doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Managerial Empowerment - Does not hold back anything that needs
to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and 'actionable'
positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where
they stand; faces up to people's problems on any person or
situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is
not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Motivating Others - Create a climate in which people want to do
their best; can motivate many types of direct reports and team or
project members; Can evaluate each person's hot button and use it
to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down;
empowers others; invites input from each person and shares
ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his / her work
is important; is someone people like working for and with.
- Priority Setting - Spends his / her time and the time of others
on what's important; quickly zeroes on the critical few and puts
the trivial many apart; can quickly without what will help or
hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates
- Drive for Results - Can be counted on to exceed goals
successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top
performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and
others for results.
- Self-Knowledge - Knows personal strengths, weaknesses,
opportunities, and limits; seeks feedback; gains insights from
mistakes; is open to criticism; is not defensive; is receptive to
talking about shortcomings; looks forward to balanced (+ 's and' s)
performance reviews and career discussions.
- Building Effective Teams - Blends people into teams when
needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his / her team; shares
win and successes; promoters open dialogue; Lets people finish and
be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the
whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managing Vision and Purpose - Communicates a compelling and
inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; talks
about possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols
to rally support behind the vision; makes the vision sharable by
everyone; can inspire and motivate whole units or organizations.
The company will make reasonable accommodations to allow a
qualified individual with a disability to enjoy equal employment
opportunities and to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position description should be applied accordingly.
DENNY'S RESTAURANT MANAGER POSITION
At Denny's, we love feeding people. If you have a passion for food
and serving others, see what your future can hold at Denny's!
As a Restaurant Manager, you provide more than a meal for your
guests. You provide an experience that goes way beyond taste. This
is about how they feel when they're your guest - from the time they
walk into the diner to the time they leave. Responsibilities
- Overseeing restaurant operations execution and management of
- Demonstrating a strong commitment to hospitality and guest
satisfaction JOB DESCRIPTION
Restaurant managers are responsible for managing and organizing
daily restaurant operations with the goal of controlling costs and
providing a high-quality experience to customers. Areas of
operation range from personnel management, cook and wait staff
coordination, and inventory management. Restaurant managers can
work in a variety of settings, including fast food restaurants,
fine dining restaurants, and casual dining restaurants.
- Manages daily activities to achieve excellence in restaurant
- Provides an exceptional experience for the guests by ensuring
proper training and holding the restaurant team accountable for
consistently delivering excellent guest service and food quality in
adherence to Denny's brand systems, procedures, and food safety
- Reviews practices and modifies as needed to continuously
improve the guest experience; maintains visibility and interaction
- responds to guest concerns and complaints in a timely and
professional manner and ensures positive resolution.
- Ensures the management team and crew understand and operate all
- Maintains Denny's brand image of restaurant cleanliness,
maintenance, and excellent service.
- Using corporate training programs, individual development
plans, and work assignments to develop employees' knowledge and
- Providing timely, constructive coaching and feedback.
- Restaurant Operations: Directs restaurant operations to ensure
that Denny's Brand Standards for food and facilities are
- Enforces sanitary practices for the general cleanliness and
maintenance of the restaurant.
- Monitors to ensure that proper security procedures are in place
to protect guests, employees, and company assets.
- Maintains compliance with all Denny's employment policies, as
well as state, local, and federal regulations.
- Proactively ensures that problems are addressed and resolved
(such as customer complaints, employee relations issues, facilities
or security issues, etc.). Involves support resources, such as the
District Manager or Human Resources Manager, as appropriate.
- Must be able to lift a tray weighing up to 25 lbs
- Must be able to lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing
up to 50 lbs; place items on high and low shelves in the office,
store rooms, service areas, walk-in coolers, and freezers
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, lift, and grasp
- Must be able to hear well in a loud environment to respond to
employee and guest needs
- Must meet any state, county, or municipal regulation pertaining
to health risk concerns about food handling
- Must be able to operate a point-of-sale system and
differentiate between monetary denominations
- Must be able to work with all Denny's menu products
- Must be able to work with potentially hazardous chemicals
- Must have sufficient mobility to move and operate in the
confined work area
- Must be able to work inside and outside the restaurant
- Must be able to observe staff and all aspects of restaurant
- Must be able to stand and walk during an 8 to 10-hour shift;
occasional shifts over 10 hours may be required due to the demands
of the business
- Must be able to tolerate extreme temperature changes in kitchen
and freezer areas Position Qualifications
- Education: High School Diploma required; working toward AA or
BA/BS degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3+ years experience as an Associate Manager and/or
three years experience as an Assistant Manager; must be 100%
certified in all workstations.
- Food Safety Manager certification is required.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent oral and written
communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels
of the organization
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
in the English language 6. Possesses basic math skills (add,
subtract, multiply, divide)
- Places a value on diversity and shows respect for others
- Proven ability to problem solve and handle high-stress
- Interprets financial statements and understands contributing
- Must be able to perform job duties of every position
- Must be prepared to multitask in accordance with the demands of
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, evenings, and additional
shifts as needed
- Available to travel, to include occasional overnight and
airline travel when applicable
- Has reliable transportation to meet banking obligations
Seaside Dining Group, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations to
allow a qualified individual with a disability to enjoy equal
employment opportunities and to perform the essential functions of
the job. This position description should be applied
Keywords: Jack in the Box, Azusa , Restaurant Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Azusa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...