Company: Bon Appetit
Posted on: September 15, 2022
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time -COOK -position.
- Location: Azusa Pacific University - 901 E Alosta Ave., Azusa,
CA 91702. -Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time; -Various schedules available, more details
- Requirement: Previous cooking experience is preferred. - - - -
- - *Internal Employee Referral Bonus AvailableWe Make Applying
Easy! -Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB -to
75000 -and search requisition ID number -1044778. -The advertised
program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs
with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data
rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and
conditions: Diversity -of thought and inclusion for all is what
drives our success - we invite you to start your journey with us
today!Are you looking for a job with competitive wages and
benefits, one in which you can learn and grow while making a
difference in the world? We're hiring! Bon App--tit Management
Company operates more than 1,000 caf--s around the country for
corporations, universities, and museums, as well as a few dozen
public restaurants. We've led the industry in socially and
environmentally responsible sourcing, from sustainable seafood to
cage-free eggs. We cook everything from scratch using fresh, local
ingredients.Learn more about careers with Bon App--tit: Job Summary
Summary: - Prepares food in accordance with applicable federal,
state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations with
established policies and procedures. Ensures quality food service
is provided at all times. -Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares high-quality food items according to standardized
recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery and service
- Serves meals or prepares for delivery by using correct
portioning, meeting outlined standards, ensuring that food is at
the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty. Tastes all
prepared food items.
- Uses established ticket collection procedures during service.
Responsible for records from area worked during service
- Cleans kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high
standards of cleanliness. Stores or discards excess food in
accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
- Keeps refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensures food
and supply items are stored per standards.
- Operates and maintains kitchen equipment as instructed.
- Assists in production planning, record keeping and reporting as
- Assists in the ordering and receiving of all food and supplies
- Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to
the supervisor immediately.
- Attends in-service and safety meetings.
- Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, customers,
administrators and managers.
- Performs job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work
- Performs other duties as assigned. Associates at Bon App--tit
-are offered many fantastic benefits.Both full-time and part-time
positions offer the following -benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home ProgramIn addition, full-time positions
also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)About Compass Group: Achieving
leadership in the foodservice industryCompass Group is an equal
opportunity employer. - At Compass, we are committed to treating
all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities,
achievements, and experience without regard to race, national
origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
-Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. -Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity. -*Los
Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).Req ID: -1044778 -[[filter4]] -
Keywords: Bon Appetit, Azusa , COOK (FULL-TIME), Hospitality & Tourism , Azusa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!