Adjunct Faculty - School of Nursing Pre-licensure
Company: Azusa Pacific University
Posted on: January 8, 2021
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving
culture by cultivating community through professional interactions,
demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling
Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to
establishing a university atmosphere that is pleasing to God and
edifying to one another.The School of Nursing invites applications
for adjunct faculty to teach pre-licensure clinical courses in the
undergraduate, Entry-Level Master's, and LVN to BSN programs.
Positions are open at the Azusa, Inland Empire, High Desert, and
San Diego campuses. Candidates are needed to teach clinical,
didactic, and online courses in several areas, including:
Pediatrics, Medical/Surgical, Community Health, Psychiatric Mental
Health, Obstetrics, and Gerontology.ResponsibilitiesThe primary
responsibility of adjunct faculty is to deliver instruction in the
manner determined by the department. In addition, faculty
responsibilities may include:
- Provides and coordinates clinical teaching activities in the
hospital/clinical setting to include student assignments, clinical
supervision, and evaluation of students.
- Preparation of syllabus and teaching of curriculum according to
the goals and objectives of the department.
- Participates in skills lab demonstrations, practice, and
testing of students.
- Coordinates student clinical experiences with facility's
- Provide regular, accurate, and timely feedback to students.
- Maintains communication with lead instructor.
- Participation in faculty meetings and departmental activities
as identified by the department chair or program director, and
assigned in the adjunct faculty contract.
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to
the scope of this position.Qualifications
- RN license in the state of California required.
- Minimum one-year relevant work experience, three to five years
- Completed or enrolled in a Master's of Science in Nursing
- Preferred experience includes teaching at the college or
- The ability to work with students from diverse
- A demonstrated, vibrant Christian faith compatible with the
mission of Azusa Pacific University.WorkloadAssigned teaching
duties will not exceed 9 units per semester; office hours and
additional duties may be assigned. Total workload will not exceed
29 hours per week, nor 24 units per 12-month period.Mental Demands
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential
- Self-starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and
oral form.Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered,
multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who
are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse
populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural
mosaic and biblical foundation.Azusa Pacific University does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex,
age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies,
practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to
apply.Required SkillsRequired Experience
Keywords: Azusa Pacific University, Azusa , Adjunct Faculty - School of Nursing Pre-licensure, Healthcare , Azusa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!