Data Analyst (ANEW Grant 2020) - School of Nursing
Company: Azusa Pacific University
Posted on: January 8, 2021
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving
culture by cultivating community through professional interactions,
demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling
Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to
establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to
one anotherAzusa Pacific University is seeking a Data Analyst in
the School of Nursing for the Advanced Nursing Education Workforce
(ANEW) Grant. The Data Analyst will implement and manage the CORE
Higher Education Experiential Learning Management System (CORE
ELMS) and the integration of the ANEW Grant student clinical
process, student competency assessments, and electronic portfolios
for graduate nursing students. The position will support the
systems that deliver high quality, mission-critical information
that will inform decision-making for the SON leadership. The
innovative and cost-effective strategies will increase efficiency
for the accreditation process for CCNE and the approval of the
BRN.The ideal candidate can perform under limited supervision, will
be highly organized, and deliver outstanding customer service. We
are looking for an individual who is efficient and thrives within a
team. The candidate needs to be resourceful and solution driven,
have the ability to prioritize and multi-task, while maintaining
deadlines and managing complex software systems. The ideal
candidate is resourceful, solves problems, organized, and is
sensitive to confidential information. The position reports to the
Chair of the MSN Nurse Practitioner Program who is also the ANEW
Grant Principle Investigator (PI), in coordination with the
Director of Operations. The position is located on the Azusa West
Campus.The ANEW Program supports innovative academic-practice
partnerships to prepare primary care advanced practice registered
nursing students to practice in rural and underserved settings
through academic and clinical training. The partnerships support
traineeships as well as infrastructure funds to schools of nursing
and their practice partners who deliver longitudinal primary care
clinical training experiences with rural and/or underserved
populations for primary care nurse practitioner (NP), primary care
clinical nurse specialist (CNS), and/or (c) nurse-midwife (NMW)
programs, and (d) facilitate program graduates' employment in those
settings. APU School of Nursing has nine academic departments
including undergraduate, masters, and doctoral programs that serve
over 2,400 students across six Southern California
locations.Required EducationMaster's degree or equivalent education
and experience.Required Experience
- Four years of experience in a client-based, service-oriented
- Experience with processes that collect and analyze
- Higher education experience preferred.
- Preference with cloud based software systems dealing with
people or experiential database, within a client based,
service-oriented environment.Primary Duties/Essential FunctionsThe
essential function is to implement, manage, and support the
internal SON data and information processes and systems that
support graduate students and the ANEW Grant including the
- Establish, support, and manage the infrastructure that will
collect, store, and deliver information.
- Improve internal efficiency and inform change.
- Increase report integrity and the delivery speed of
- Review current processes, tools, and recommend solutions.
- Thinks analytically and can troubleshoot challenges
- Knowledgeable of modern cloud based databases and
- Develop and maintain a standard taxonomy for classifying data
elements across systems.
- Oversee training for users, which may include formal trainings,
development of materials, and one-on-one users support.
- Manage related data archives.
- Support and follow security protocols and ensure the data meets
requirements for integrity and availability.The position would
oversee the following data and information systems within the
School of Nursing:
- Experiential Learning Management System (ELMS): The grant
funded enterprise CORE ELMS system helps our school manage clinical
placements and lab scheduling across southern California. Learning
and understanding CORE will be required to execute strategic
initiatives. Integrate the grant data and the software system CORE
ELMS. The cloud-based system interacts with both students and our
- Student Database: A FilemakerPro initiative bridges the gap
between APU/SON PeopleSoft records and the information we provide
for state and national accreditation, grant reporting, internal
audits, strategic decision-making and to monitor and track students
in the ANEW Grant from program start to completion.
- Graduate and Alumni Evaluation: We utilize EBI's Skyfactor and
an internal system (Formstack) we built to collect and process
quantitative and qualitative data on students that complete our
programs. The data informs leadership decisions and feeds into
grant and accreditation reports.
- SON Intranet: We launched an intranet system to help increase
communication efficiency.Additional Responsibilities:
- Participate in an SON Committee as assigned.
- Support both operation activities/assignments that may include
evening and weekend hours.
- Manage sensitive and confidential file systems in both digital
and physical formats.
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to
the scope of this position.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor
based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.Skills
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize work in order to meet
deadlines while working in a service-oriented environment with
frequently changing priorities.
- Critically think using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or
approaches to problems.
- Can work independently, show independent judgment, and is able
to follow-through on assigned work.
- Deal with problems in a professional manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage details and follow through.
- Collaborate and communicate as an effective team member and
team builder.Mental Demands
- Exercise independent judgment with confidential and
- Work under pressure, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and
- Interface professionally with faculty, staff, and
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific
University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its
- Requires repetitive motion and sitting at a computer
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Meetings may require walking and/or driving to various
- Ability to pull, push, bend, grasp, reach and lift up to 20
- Ability to use stairs or ramps as needed in executing job
duties at university facilities.Visual Demands
- Reading, writing notes, and computer monitor.Environment
- Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.Technologies
- CORE ELMS
- Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, Drive, Gmail, Calendar, Hangouts,
etc.) and Microsoft Office with a proficiency in Word and
- APU programs includes SPSS, PeopleSoft, 25Live, GoToMeeting,
iModules, Adobe Acrobat, HelloSign, Vidyo, Canva, CORE ELMS, etc.
Training is available for APU programs.Compensation
- Grade 9: $23.58 - $30.65/hourly.
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications, experience,
and internal equity.Click below to discover some of the many
benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care
options and a generous tuition
discount.http://www.apu.edu/humanresources/benefits/You can learn
more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and
alumni as they carry out our mission here:
http://www.apu.edu/stories/Azusa Pacific University will conduct a
background check on all final candidates, including a DMV
check.Review of applications will begin immediately, and the
position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a
veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and
minorities are encouraged to apply.Required SkillsRequired
Keywords: Azusa Pacific University, Azusa , Data Analyst (ANEW Grant 2020) - School of Nursing, Healthcare , Azusa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!