Electrician - Maintenance Tech III-Facilities Management
Company: Azusa Pacific University
Posted on: January 17, 2023
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving
culture by cultivating community through professional interactions,
demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling
Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to
establishing a university atmosphere that is pleasing to God and
edifying to one another.
Primary responsibility is to perform Journeyman level maintenance,
inspection, and repairs of the university's electrical systems.
- Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or
technical school or, equivalent combination of education and
experience, or equivalent in demonstrated abilities.
- Two to six years related experience, or equivalent combination
of education and experience, or equivalent in demonstrated
- Copy of DMV driving record will be required before
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Leads, assists, and independently completes installation,
repairs, and maintenance of building equipment and systems as
- Performs journeyman level work installing, modifying,
maintaining, repairing and overhauling the university's electrical
- Performs all stages of electrical installation from rough to
setting finish; changes light bulbs and ballasts and performs
routine and preventative maintenance as well as emergency
- Must be able to operate University vehicles including vans,
trucks, "putts", forklifts and "man-lift" devices.
- Maintains safe and clean work conditions in the areas
- Performs a variety of duties in the maintenance of the
university as requested by supervisor.
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to
the scope of this position.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor
based on department needs.
- Leads and assists others with construction, installation,
maintenance, repair and preparation/cleanup work and/or
independently performs work involving non-routine and complex
maintenance and repair of buildings, equipment, fixtures, etc.
- Operates various basic and complex hand and power tools
including calibration and test equipment.
- Ability to read, interpret, and/or prepare complex reports and
correspondence such as operating and maintenance instructions,
procedure manuals and blueprints.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of co-workers,
faculty, staff and/or students of the University.
- Ability to apply concepts of advanced algebra and basic
- Ability to apply enhanced understanding to carry out incomplete
instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables
in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must be familiar with using a personal computer operating in a
Windows-based environment to perform rudimentary functions, or
should have the ability to learn PC skills with structured
- Ability to follow directions through an understanding of the
department's objectives and critical areas of operation.
- Ability to work around machinery with electrical components and
moving parts thus requiring a high degree of concentration.
- Imperative ability to work in a team environment and
participate in the appropriate assistance of co-workers.
- In agreement with the purpose and mission of Azusa Pacific
University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk.
- Use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms,
stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear, taste or smell, and
use hands and fingers to operate a keyboard and telephone.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Computer monitor and reading.
- Close, color, distance, peripheral, and the ability to adjust
- Must be able to work near moving mechanical parts, in high
places, with fumes and airborne particles, in both indoor and
outdoor weather conditions.
- Subject to the noise and hazards of machinery, electrical
current, and working on scaffolding, and man-lifts of various
- Must be able to respond to University needs on off-hours as
part of an "on-call" rotating schedule.
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations (earthquake,
fire, flooding, etc.) and independently secure or lead others in
securing a safe environment.
- Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word and
- Grade 10: $25.94-$33.74
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications, experience,
and internal equity.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural
community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed
to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage
others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty,
staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here:
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all
final candidates, including a DMV check.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position
will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa
Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a
veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and
minorities are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Azusa Pacific University, Azusa , Electrician - Maintenance Tech III-Facilities Management, Executive , Azusa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!