Manager 1-Contracts Administration
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 6, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Contracts Manager 1 to
join our team of qualified and diverse individuals. In this role,
the selected candidate will support the Payload & Ground Systems
Division, specifically the Mission Payload Systems (MPS) Operating
Unit (OU), as the OU Contracts Manager. The selected candidate will
be responsible for managing a team located in Azusa, CA.
This role will primarily be based in-office with potential for the
successful candidate to engage in a hybrid work schedule.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for all
aspects of the MPS OU contracts' portfolio delivering strong
customer satisfaction, successful financial performance and risk
mitigation. Additionally, the successful candidate will be
responsible for the direct supervision and management of contract
administration/staff personnel, contracts within the OU's
portfolio, and the OU's captures.
The selected candidate will also be required to provide
task-oriented direction utilizing management guidelines, general
policies and maintain a strong level of engagement, while
dynamically leading, inspiring, motivating and developing a team of
The Contract Manager's responsibilities will include, but are not
- Review and approve contractual documents for protection of the
company's contractual/risk posture, satisfaction of contractual
requirements and adherence to company policies, therefore, a keen
attention to detail is essential.
- Planning and executing successful contract negotiations of a
complex nature and achieving targeted profit rates as well as
favorable terms and conditions to assist in meeting profit and cash
- Regular and proactive interface and effective collaboration
with program, technical and operations organizations in order to
provide guidance and direction based upon the requirements of the
tender and resulting contracts.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner, offer guidance
and work cooperatively with a multitude of organizations ranging
from technical, program, finance, supply chain, export and
- Be a role model for diversity and inclusion through seeking out
and including diverse opinions and perspectives while displaying
the ability to solve complex problems by actively seeking
information and new ideas from a variety of sources.
- Demonstrated commitment and energy to meet customer needs and
the ability to provide concise and effective communication through
presentation, written documentation or email format with different
levels of Management is key.
- Administer, extend, negotiate and terminate standard and
- Conduct proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract
administration, and customer contact activities to provide for
proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with
company policies, legal requirements, and customer
- Prepare bids; process specifications, progress, and other
reports; advise management of contractual rights and obligations;
compile and analyze data; and maintain historical information.
- Build strong customer intimacy and employee engagement to
assist with growing this important business area.Basic
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution with 5 years
of Contracts Administration, Organizational Management, or related
- Experience negotiating and administering various contract types
of varying sizes and types of agreements with the DoD.
- Thorough understanding of the requirements of applicable
government regulations, including the FAR and DFARS.
- Advanced contracts administration and negotiation skills.
- Ability to function independently and effectively with
competing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced
- Advanced communication skills, both written and verbal, with
the ability to use them in informing, presenting, and negotiating
to all levels of management.
- Ability to develop team members and delegate tasks, as
- Current, active US government security clearance at the Secret
- Master's degree or equivalent professional certification.
- Demonstrated leadership experience or supervisor
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with and
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills that
support accomplishment of objectives to resolve complex problems
and minimize risk to the company.
- Foster high levels of collaboration with stakeholders and
subject matter experts.
- Dynamic self-starter with strong attention to detail.
- Current, active Top Secret/SCI security clearance. Salary
Range: $98,800 USD - $148,200 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit . U.S. Citizenship is required for most
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Azusa , Manager 1-Contracts Administration, Executive , Azusa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!