Lead Mechanical Design and Analysis Engineer
Posted on: September 20, 2022
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better
place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work
that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion
are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for
every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with
great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) team is seeking a Lead
Mechanical Design and Analysis Engineer located in El Segundo, CA.
The selected candidate needs a background with experience in
satellites to work in a rapid development environment. This
engineer will need experience the development and documentation of
mechanical systems and environmental requirements to establish the
system design. Performs and documents system performance using
computational analysis tools to validate and verify systems and
components meet requirements and specifications. The role will
support system components' designs/proposals standards to provide
installation and detail documentation.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the mechanical unit design effort for a space based rapid
- Understanding of mechanical CAD tools, mechanical design
trades, unit and board layout.
- Understanding of dynamics and thermal stress mitigation
- Utilize CAD tools to generate drawings for board, slice, unit
packaging and hardware fabrication.
- Supports system design reviews to provide installation,
assembly and detail documentation.
- Coordination across IPT's and individuals of varying
- Follows documented processes, specifications and procedures
that support the design and manufacture of electrical
- Apply willingness to stretch beyond their experience base and
to take risks to achieve objectives.
- Travel may be required up to 10% of the time; Domestically
and/or Internationally depending on business needs. This position
is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be
required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A
U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months
is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an
accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- 1+ years of experience using Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
- Experience collaborating across multi-discipline engineering
team. Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 1+ years of experience in new technology or product/capability
- 1+ years of experience with the design, development, and
testing microelectronics advanced packaging techniques.
- 1+ years of experience in Computer Aided Design (CAD),
utilizing model-based definition (Catia V5 or later versions).
- Experience in a dynamic rapid prototyping environment. Typical
Bachelor's degree and typically 9 or more years' experience in an
engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 7 or
more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD
degree with typically 4 or more years' experience in an engineering
classification. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree
from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer
science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred,
although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and
employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids,
amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in
our policies .
This position is for 1st shift.
Referrals to this job are eligible for a monetary employee
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are
made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or
mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or
other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: BOEING, Azusa , Lead Mechanical Design and Analysis Engineer, Engineering , Azusa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!