Program Coordinator - Division of Teacher Education
Company: Azusa Pacific University
Posted on: May 28, 2023
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving
culture by cultivating community through professional interactions,
demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling
Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to
establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to
This position is responsible for student assistance and program
coordination for programs within the Division of Teacher
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred Required
- Three to five years related experience in higher education
(equivalent experience may be considered) Primary Duties/Essential
The Program Coordinator reports directly to the Chair, Division of
Teacher Education, as part of a team of support staff serving the
Liberal Studies program and all credential and masters' programs in
the division. Specifically, s/he will serve in the following
capacities. Serves as confidential assistant to the Chair and
focused work with one or more Program Directors. This
- Assisting with administrative responsibilities within the
program, including appropriately preparing correspondence,
responding to email, and tracking and following all program-related
- Assisting Chair/Program Director with troubleshooting student
issues and concerns, including student petitions, exceptions, and
- Assisting Chair/Program Director in scheduling program courses
at the Azusa and regional campuses, and online.
- Preparing reports as directed by the Chair or Program
- Supporting Program Director with organization and planning of
Program Advisory Council(s)
- Assisting with special projects as directed by the Chair or
Program Director. Serves as liaison between student and Division of
Teacher Education. This includes:
- Coordinating the graduate student admission process from
inquiry through admission for a specific alphabetical portion of
the student population, including tracking and monitoring
enrollment, progression toward credential and/or degree, and
- Communicating with students about program requirements and
policies, and assisting with student questions
- Tracking and following student progress through the
- Coordinating with the Office of Credentials in managing the
advising schedule/calendar for program(s).
- Monitoring the status of intern credential holders to ensure
correct course enrollment and continuing mentor supervision.
- Collaborating with the Office of Student Placements on issues
pertaining to clinical practice and fieldwork, including gathering
documents for clinical practice clearance, determining clinical
practice eligibility, and notify students of clinical practice
placement assignments, as well as other items required for students
to participate in clinical practice.
- Monitoring and reviewing Taskstream for student completion of
program requirements at all transition points.
- Confirming student completion of program requirements,
providing this information to Program Directors, Credential
Analysts, Graduate Registrar, and others at program completion or
- Serving as contact point between students and the Liberal
Studies program and responding to student phone calls, emails, and
- Creating a welcoming atmosphere and building student
- Collecting and managing all Exit Review Interviews and Research
Survey Assessment data for graduating students each semester.
Provides support to full and adjunct faculty within the department.
- Coordinating with full and adjunct faculty to ensure timely
preparation of adjunct contracts and faculty payment forms as
- Coordinating the beginning and end of term processes to ensure
- Monitoring course enrollment and coordinating course schedule
changes with Program Directors and department personnel.
- Evaluating textbook needs and coordinating with bookstore on
requisitions, including ebook offerings through Immediate Access,
- Coordinating with ITT on course needs within Canvas
- Processing facility and room requests as needed. Supports
program functions within the Division of Teacher Education. This
- Creating and maintaining program files and documents, including
archiving files and documents in ARK
- Collaborating and communicating with Registrar, Admissions
Office, and other departments and programs interacting with the
Division of Teacher Education
- Collaborating with other APU schools/programs regarding the
integrated Bachelor/Credential program (Special Education Mild to
- Managing social media and communication platforms within the
Liberal Studies Program to maintain regular flow of information and
communication regarding the program and program events
- Collecting and maintaining data for accreditation, program
review, and state certification and accreditation programs
- Coordinating and assisting with program workshops, department
meetings, trainings, and events; including student events, clubs,
new student orientation and graduation receptions.
- Attending events, meetings, training and development
opportunities as appropriate.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills with attention
- Ability to balance a variety of tasks and demands.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Must be a collaborative and effective team member. Mental
In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University
to provide a Christian-based higher education for its students,
this position requires the:
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion.
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet demands and
- Ability to learn procedures and retain information. Physical
- Repetitive wrist and finger motions with the use of
- Speaking and hearing demands.
- Ability to conduct business at other offices on campus.
- Ability to lift, bend, grasp, pull and reach.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally. Visual Demands
- Computer monitor, reading. Environment
- Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature. Technologies
- Proficient in Google Apps (Docs, Spreadsheets, Slides),
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with Canvas, TaskStream, and Zoom is a plus.
- Grade 7: $19.49 to $25.33 is the hourly compensation for this
role and reflects what Azusa Pacific University reasonably expects
to pay for this position. Actual compensation may vary based on the
qualifications, experience, and internal equity. In addition to
compensation, APU offers a competitive benefits package.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural
community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed
to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage
others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical
foundation. Please click the links to learn more about 'what we
believe', our 'missions statement', and 'statement of faith'.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty,
staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here:
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position
will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa
Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a
veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and
minorities are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Azusa Pacific University, Azusa , Program Coordinator - Division of Teacher Education, Education / Teaching , Azusa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...